Thursday, August 19, 2010

First big fog of August = Snow Storm in Winter

Woke up to a really great, thick fog this morning. So thick in fact, that if you stayed outside long enough...you felt like you were in a cloud.
According to weather folklore...the number of fogs in August equals the number of snow storms in Winter! I'm excited...I love snow storms....but then I think it may be wishful thinking in this really hot, dry summer. This was our first fog of August.

Even Woody enjoyed the fog today lingered so long that it kept any stray horse flies away for the first time in weeks...so he got to stay outside longer...he was happy.

After the fog cleared... it turned into another beautiful 'fall' like day in the valley. I'm still watering my garden...not sure why.........

No comments:

Post a Comment